Architectural Informatics 1
In this session you have to create a simple digital photomontage.
The sample picture was created by using the photos from this page and the methods described at the digital ID excercise.
A possible solution using Irfanview.
- Create a new blank image (Shift+N) with 900×900 pixel size, 72 DPI resolution, and 16.7 million colors.
- Save it in PNG formátumban (Ctrl+S)
- In another window open the file you intend to use in the montage,
select the area you want to use (make sure that it has the correct 1:1 or 1:2 proportions using Shift+C),
crop it (Ctrl+Y),
than resize it to 300×300 or 300×600 px (Ctrl+R).
- To create the black grid pattern, first you can cut -10 pixels from all sides, than add +10 pixels using black backround color (Shift+V).
- Copy the result to the clipboard (Ctrl+C),
switch to the montage image, select the area that should be filled with the picture on the clipboard (Shift+C), than paste it (Ctrl+V).
- Repeat the above steps to complete the montage.
- You can add the text as an overlay (Ctrl+T).
- Finally, you can add +30 pixels around the complete montage (Shift+V).
- on-time submission
- the agreed theme
- at least four different pictures
- at least one textual element
- 960×960 pixel size
- PNG format
- unique composition
- complex methods of realization
- aesthetical values